10.30.2009

Departures

Okay, first post.

Every weekday I travel a minimum of 2 hours total to get to and from work. Home is in the East Village in Manhattan; work is in Tarrytown, NY. This requires getting up at 6am, a shuttle, a train ride, another shuttle, and numerous forms of entertainment. I've been doing this for over a year now and it wasn't until an episode of Mad Men that I realized how much time that is:

2 hours a day * 5 days a week * 4 weeks a month = 40 hours a month

That's an extra work week every month in traveling (thanks Peggy). I figure with that kind of time I could and should find something better to do with this daily journey. So my intention is to put the random stories and wandering thoughts to use, before I turn into a full blown waffle-talker. I guess I want to make the mundane more memorable, and see what else I can learn in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment