2.26.2010

Snow-M-G you guys

Etummoc goes international!!! Well, not really. I am in Canada but I am most certainly not etummocing. Its more like "5 minute rental car riding it to visit another company for 3 days." I think my business trip to Japan last year included an etummoc, but it was not very regular.

Anywho, this is my first time vising our neighbors to the north, or as some may call it "America's hat." For the most part it has been a pleasant experience. Though, coming from new york, my perspective could be a little skewed. From landing to car rental, everyone was quite friendly. I had never driven outside the US, but the switch to the metric system was easier than I thought. I lucked out the first night and found an amazing place to eat dinner. I chose ribs, having devoured a large chunk of Paula Deen's memoirs on the plane.

The weather, however, was less than stellar, meaning it snowed every day after my arrival. The naitives acted shocked exclaiming how light this winter has been, and they haven't gotten snow in a month. F*ck off I thought to myself in my best internal Kathy Griffin impression. I held back both commentar and laughter but I may have slipped the "you have to be shitting me" look. I mean, this is Canada, right? Its going to snow in the winter up here; let's be a little realistic.

Well aparently the northeast is due for some snow also. My flight was cancelled ahead of time and I got booked on an earlier flight to try to beat the storm. So here I am at 3am at the airport, no sleep, waiting in line. This won't get posted until later, but I sure hope I don't get stranded. Canada's been nice but I've had my fill of snow for now. I hope my friends don't get mad at me for not bringing back maple syrup.

*note before post: made it back. NY is taking quite a hit. I've been told I need to go into the office anyway, but I'm wearing jeans in protest.*

No comments:

Post a Comment