11.18.2009

Back-tracking

After leaving my apartment I made a mad dash for the bus and just made it. I sat down, took a breath, and remembared that I left my work laptop in my apartment. fml. Had to get off at the next stop and run back to my apartment to go get it. Took a taxi to GC and made the last train that I could in hopes to make the Tarrytown shuttle. Keep your fingers crossed, that is, if you're awake at this hour.

This train happens to be a local, which means it makes a stop at my favorite spot, Glenwood. Between the train and the Hudson there is this big old brick factory. I'm not exactly sure what draws me to it, but I am obsessed with this builing. There are many brick buildings along the Hudson line that look like they've been turned into offices. Yet, this one remains untouched. The overgrown ivy and warped windows give it characterand I always look for it when I pass by.

I secretly aspire to clear out all the old asbestos and turn it into a green community. Solar panels, rooftow garden, even a watermill. Its a really a silly idea but I feel like this old factory should get a little attention. It probably has a wonderful history and cerianly has a lot more appeal than the facility next door (last picture).

Sorry if these aren't rotated right.
image
image
image

No comments:

Post a Comment