12.16.2009

456 Fakeout

Yesterday's etummoc home included a familiar face that I need to discuss. Last spring I often passed by a person in the subway, who held a cup and a sign that read "NO HEALTH INSURANCE." His eyes, were red and swollen at the bottom lid like he had a really bad infection of sorts. They appeared as if they were on the verge of falling out, and even a slight glance was hard to bare because it looked so painful.

One day I happened to arrive before him, and saw him approaching on the platform. He was wearing some cheap sunglasses, for protection I suppose. I caught a glance from the side, and was able to see that his eyes were perfectly fine... he naturally was a bit bug eyed, but there was definately no red, swelling grossness. I figure he must be doing that eyelid flipping thing that they do at the eye doctor, or that weird kid in grade school whose sole purpose was to scare girls.

I hadn't really seen him since the discovery, but now he's back. There's got to be a good way to call him out. I'm not one for confrontation, so this may prove difficult. I guess ishouldn't feel bad about staring, but what if I'm wrong? Still needs some thought.

I'll try to snap a pic if a can.

No comments:

Post a Comment