1.20.2010

GCTournament

Ok, get this, so I was walking into grand central and can't help but notice there was gigantic glass box being built in the entryway (aka Vanderbuilt Hall). I thought to myself: they already have a 24 hour apple store around here. Then I see stadium seating behind the box and a bunch of JP Morgan logos all over the place.

As I moved into the great hall, I saw a bunch of signs that said "JP Morgan Tournament of Champions 2010." Was this a real-life pre-apocolyptic thunderdome for wall street executives? No. Its a squash tournament.

Its a pretty strange place to hold a competive sport of any kind. Grand central is a little noisy, and its going to be hard to keep the preppy quota required to hold a squash or polo game. When compared to the US Open (tennis) this seems like a pretty D-list sporting event.

...guess who I've been reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment