1.22.2010

Lost & Found

Its imortant to keep track of your stuff when you regularly travel by train. After the first month, anxiety starts to fade and you don't focus as much. I think its a good idea to use the same pockets for essentials so if something isn't in the right spot, you can feel the weight difference. Also that way you aren't left frantically groping yourself everytime you try to find your cell phone. However, there are a few times I have managed to lose something. Also a few good finds across the way. Here's a list:

1. Work security badge - Lost and returned. I left my wallet at home and when I got on the train I showed the conductor my ID to prove I took the train every day. He bought it, which was good because I had no money on me! When I got to work I noticed my badge was now missing too. I guess it never made it back to my pocket. Got a new one that day, but the MTA was kind enough to mail it to me at work 4 months later.

2. Umbrella - Found, kept, and still use. Was leaving the train on a rainy day. As I got up, I noticed the girl sitting across from me had forgotten her umbrella. I tried to catch up to her but she was booking it,p and I lost her. I didn't have one on me that day, so I kept it. Its a permanent fixture in my work bag and goes to work with me everyday.

3. Cell phone - Lost and returned. Just fell out of my pocket as I was leaving the train. Not a big story. Somebody found it and we coordinated an exchange, where I gave her $20.

4. Mystery Pill - Found. Discovered a red & yellow capsule in the seat next to me. Looked just like one out of Dr. Mario. No, I did not take it, or even pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment