3.25.2010

Revalation 7:30

Late last week I discovered something that will undoubtedly change my etummoc forever, or rather until they change the timetables. I think that comes next month, but have never been affected by such changes.

So, for the past 2 years I was under the impression that I had only one shuttle option to get to Grand Central in the morning. If I missed it, which happens a lot, I could take a cab or take a bus to the subway. Those options are either expensive or slow.

I've been riding the Harlem line more and more and have found it to be more reliable. The shuttle from north White Plains always waits (not that it ever needs to) and is much bigger. I thought that the last train that comes right before the shuttle leaves came from the north until I started to associate my fellow riders with destinations. Turns out the last train comes from Grand Central and I now have a 2nd shuttle option.

The test run went off without a hitch last week and I've taken it every day since, minus the one morning I was running SUPER late and cabbed it. Getting out the door by 7:30 is 10 times easier than leaving by 7. Don't get much extra sleep but I am at least more human than zombie. I don't think I'm even going to try for the 7am shuttle. Yeah there's a chance I could get into the office earlier but its a small time window. If I miss it my commute grows to nearly 2 hours and i'd rather sleep in the comfort of my own home over sleeping on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment